How to Register company in Kenya online
When handling local or foreign company registration in Kenya process, like in many other functional jurisdictions and economies worldwide, the Kenyan business environment is defined by a set of legal regulations. The set of regulations required by registrar of companies for company incorporation in Kenya or in other words Company formation in Kenya for Public, Private and Foreign Company Registration in Kenya and Sole proprietorship be legally registered are contained in the New Companies Act 2015 of the laws of Kenya. The ACT also provides on how to register a sole proprietor company in Kenya. We register different types of companies in Kenya. Briantony is well versed with ecitizen company registration process in the Business Registration Service Portal ( BRS).
Please contact us for an affordable quote rate.
Procedure of Company Registration in Kenya
We have qualified staff that will handle the registration of a limited company in Kenya a well as registering a Foreign company in Kenya legal process on your behalf from start to finish. We will walk you through on how to start a company in Kenya.
The entire registration process takes only 7 days at a reasonable cost, once you engage our us. We therefore make cost to register a company in Kenya very affordable. Registering a company in Kenya has been made much easier by Briantony‘s culture of professionalism.
How to Register a Company in Kenya 2019 and 2020- Company Registration
1. Business Name Search and ecitizen business registration
With our help the applicant shall be required to search the desired name at the Registrar of Companies in Kenya. The Registrar will issue the applicant with a letter confirming that the name is available for registration. Business registration search in Kenya usually takes about 2 days but at Briantony International Consultancy we avail the approved Business name search results instantly.
2. Memorandum and Articles of Association
The applicant will be required to engage a company secretary to draft the Memorandum and Articles of Association which will set out the objects of the company and the internal constitution of the company. Briantony International Consultants will prepare Memorandum and Articles of Association documentation for you. However the applicant can opt for Model Memorandum and Articles of Association available on the Business Registration portal (BRS)
3. Stamp duty Payment
Once the Memorandum & Articles of Association are prepared, we will lodge the documents with the Kenya registrar of companies . There is no payment of stamp duty under the new companies ACT 2015.
4. Online Company Registration in Kenya forms
We will forward the documents to the Registrar of companies in Kenya together with these company registration forms.
- Form CR 1- Company registration form cr1 is signed under the guidance of our firm registering your company. Application to register a company including the proposed name (as reserved), the registered office, liability of members (whether limited by shares or by guarantee), the type of the company (if private or public) and the name, consent of the initial director and secretary of the company and address of the agent if an agent is used to make the application. The form combines the application for company registration, KRA PIN, NHIF, and NSSF registration.
- Form CR 2 – Model of Memorandum for Company with share capital.
- Form CR 6 – covers the particulars of the company director
- Form CR 8 –Notice of residential address of Director or change of Address of Director of Company
- Form CR 10 – Notice of appointment of Secretary or Secretary’s particulars. This only applies to Companies with more than 5 million Kenya shilling in Nominal share capital.
- Statement of Nominal Share capital form.
A certificate of registration or Certificate of incorporation will be issued.
Requirements of registering a limited Company in Kenya
Company registration requirements are as follows:
- Proposed names for business name search and reservation
- Address of the proposed L.L.C including LR Number
- What the company will be doing and main objectives of the Company.
- If any of the directors are foreigners then a Kenyan director and shareholder is needed. We can also act as their Kenyan nominee director at a fee.
- Copies of Identification cards of all the Directors or passports in case of foreign directors
- PIN, Certificate copies of all the Directors
- Passport size photographs of all local Directors. This is not applicable to foreign directors
- Percentage of the shareholding for each director
The Company formation process in another name also applies to Private and Public Limited Liability Companies. At Briantony International Consultancy, we also offer company formation of foreign businesses and Sole Proprietorship.
Ecitizen Business Registration
Our company registration services at Ecitizen business registration portal include private company registration, public limited company registration, foreign company/business registration, Kenya Company registration for foreigners, Foreign Company formation in Kenya, Business name Search and Reservation, Business Name registration, company registration search Kenya, how to start a company in Kenya, how to register a sole proprietor company in Kenya, changes within the Business names, Special Resolution, online company/business registration in Kenya, Form CR 8 – Notice of residential address of Director or change of Address of Director of Company, Form CR 7 – Notice of change of directors particulars, increase of Nominal Capital, List of directors CR 12, CR12 document Kenya, Search registered companies in Kenya , Huduma Center services in Kenya and Registrar of companies Kenya portal
Briantony International Consultants also offers Company Pin registration and other services offered by Kenya Revenue Authority (K.R.A)